Oral cancer, like all forms of cancer, can be life-threatening if untreated. However, when treated early and proactively, oral cancer is among the most easily treatable diseases. At Newport Dental, we perform an oral cancer screening each time you visit our office for your dental exams and cleanings. This allows us to diagnose and treat oral cancer in the earliest possible stages so that we can help you regain your health and quality of life.
Oral cancer affects the mouth lips, tongue, cheeks, hard and soft palate, sinuses, and throat. Some common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Red, white, or red and white speckled patches in your mouth
- A feeling that something is caught in your throat
- Ear pain
- A sore throat
- Bumps or rough spots in the soft tissues of your mouth
- Sores in your mouth or on your face that do not heal
- Unexplained bleeding
- Problems with regular oral functions, such as chewing
Oral cancer can be painless in the initial stages of development, making it crucial that you receive screenings to diagnose the problem early.
We welcome you to call our office at 425-641-5303 to schedule an appointment with our experienced dentist, Dr. Brian Han, and learn more about oral cancer screening in Bellevue, Washington. We are committed to your oral health, smile and quality of life.